Re: Brandmeister

Here you will find the latest information about GB7LN
G0RZR
Site Admin

Post by G0RZR » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:47 pm

**UPDATE 20/08/2017**

I recently noted that all the information in this post was out of date !
Here therefore is what GB7LN currently consists of, and what you need to program into your rig to use it.

Slot 1.
World wide on TG91
Europe on TG92
USA on TG93
VK on TG505

Slot 2.
Normally connected reflector on 4400

To change to a different TG on the reflector, UK Chat 1 for example on 4401, you must first disconnect the reflector from 4400.
This is done by sending a private call on slot 2 for a second to 4000
You will then receive a message telling you that you are unlinked if it has worked.
Next send a private call for one second to 4401, again if it has worked, you will receive a message telling you that you are connected to 4401 and you can use the channel the same as any other.

When you have finished it will revert to 4400 after a certain period, or you can disconnect again and reconnect to 4400 yourself.

To find out what you are connected to on the reflector, send a private message to 5000 and it will tell you !

G0WFV

Post by G0WFV » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:31 am

Excellent news, Mick!

I've got a quick guide to reflector use with the CS700 I posted somewhere else. I'll see if I can dig it out for here.

Glad you made the change; Brandmeister promises to be far more innovative than Phoenix (or whatever they're called this week).

Time to reprogramme my codeplug then! Might even stick the DMR set in the car now!

G0WFV

Post by G0WFV » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:54 am

CS700 Reflector Instructions as promised ...

This way doesn't use any saved contacts, but you can save regularly used reflectors as a contact for ease of use.

1. Select Slot 2 TG9.

2. Press the [>] key then the [o] key on the keypad to bring up contacts.

3. Scroll with the [<] key to "Manual Dial" and press the [o] key TWICE - it will now be prompting you for a Radio Number.

4. Type in the number of the reflector (as per Mick's post above).

5. Press the PTT - it will say "Privite Call" (notice the spelling mistake on the radio?!)

6. Release the PTT once you have received the talk allowed tone (if you've enabled it!) and you should hear a voice announcement from the repeater that it is connecting to the selected reflector.

7. Reselect Slot 2 TG9 (you may have to select another channel then reselect Slot 2 TG9 at this point!)

8. Talk away - everything you say will also be going out on any other repeater also connected to the reflector. Everything is done on Slot 2 TG9.

9. To disconnect from the reflector, repeat the above steps, but use 4000 as the Radio Number. Again, you'll get an announcement that it's disconnected.

G0RZR
Site Admin

Post by G0RZR » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Thanks Tony, I am getting one of the CS700's to play with soon as I may be able to use them at work as well, so this will come in handy.

G0WFV

Post by G0WFV » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

They're nice little radios, if a little basic - there have been reported issues but I've not seen any of them on my set.

It may be an idea to look at the updated CS750 with a lot more memory channels/contact entries if you want to use it for Ham use as well as work. With the stock CS700 you have to be frugal with your contact entries if you like a person's name to appear on the screen when they Tx - I don't bother putting anything but talkgroups in mine now!

If you want something that looks more like a Hytera look at the Tytera MD380 (also rebadged as Retevis I believe)